Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tri-Color Rotini Salad


My own personal revamping of a combination of several recipes I found. I'd suggest mixing in really whatever veggies your heart desires, the amount of each being adjustable as well. However, this is what I used and it was quite delish. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 box tri-color rotini 
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced 
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red pepper, diced
  • 6 oz. Swiss cheese, cubed (A lot of recipes use mozzarella but this was YUM)
  • ~6 oz. Italian dressing (I killed what was left at the end of the bottle...it's really lightly covered with no glop at the bottom with this, but you can add more)
Look at that pasta cooling

Pretty!
Directions:
  • Boil pasta according to package directions. Let cool.
  • Dice/cube vegetables.
  • Throw pasta and veggies in a large bowl. 
  • Pour Italian dressing.
  • Mix & serve! 
Prep: ~20 minutes (Took me longer, but I'm a little obsessive with the dicing)
Yield: I'd guess a week's worth of lunches. I'm only on day 1 today.




No comments:

Post a Comment